Who We Are:
Founded in 2004, StepStones for Youth is a unique charity in Toronto whose mission is to support youth who are living in or transitioning out of foster care and group homes.
At StepStones, we believe that all youth have the intrinsic abilities to accomplish what they set out to achieve and that they can, with support, meet their goals. We support the youth in becoming who they want to be.
As we have all experienced the impact of COVID19, so too have our youth. Our hope is that with your help, we can provide ongoing support to some of the most vulnerable in our community, one rock at a time.
Share Love. Support StepStones. It’s that simple!
For every #LoveRocks post shared with us, a very generous supporter will donate $10 to support our youth most impacted by COVID-19. Just write your message of love on your favorite rock, put it out in the community, and post your picture on social media!
(Please follow us and tag us in your post so we can see it!)
Here’s how it works:
- Find a rock, wash it off (and your hands!), and decorate it with any craft supplies you have in your home.
- Add your message of love for your community.
- Put your masterpiece outside to share your message with your community and take a picture of it.
- Post your photo on social media and be sure to:
- Follow us!
For every #LoveRocks post we are tagged in, a donation of $10 will be made by our supporter to StepStones For Youth!
Want to know what your #LoveRocks post can do?
- If you create a #LoveRocks post, that is $10 that provides a delivered homemade meal for a youth in need.
- If you create a #LoveRocks post and encourage 4 friends to do the same, that is $50 to provide an Emergency Care Package to our youth most impacted by COVID-19! #WeAreAllInThisTogether
- If you create a #LoveRocks post and encourage 9(!) friends to do the same, that is $100 to support emergency mental health counselling for isolated youth struggling during these difficult times.
Want more information about this initiative?
- If you don’t have a rock or craft supplies, send us a direct message on Instagram and we will be happy to find a solution. We want everyone to be able to participate!
- Please be advised, we will be sharing posts that are sent to us on social and in our marketing materials to help further support vulnerable youth in our community.
- This campaign is capped at a total of $10,000, or 1000 #LoveRocks (that’s a lot of rocks!).
- There is a limit of 1 donation per person/account
- Just because your donation was made, doesn’t mean your help stops there! Keep spreading love, tagging friends, and rocking on!
If you would like to support the work we do further, please consider donating directly below.
If you have any questions about this initiative, please feel free to reach out to us on Instagram Direct Messages or email firstname.lastname@example.org